One of my students, Peggy, from Advanced Level visited her family member in Australia. After she had come back to the class, she lent me the Australian newspaper for seniors. I found there an interesting article „Why should you exercise?“
Did you know that exercising can improve:
- Bone health: vitamin D from sunlight and vibrations caused by exercising increases your bone strength
- Moods: exercising releases endorphins that improve mood and reduce anxiety.
It is great for those who experience low moods, depression, stress and anxiety.
- Oxygenation of cells: this helps us remove built up lactic acid from our muscles caused from stress and anxiety. Removing lactic acid helps relax tense muscles.
- Sleep: exercising in the morning and stretching type exercises at night have shown
to improve sleep
- Overall health: reducing BP, obesity, diabetes risk, heart disease
- Lymphatic circulation/Natural detox: movement encourages the body to circulate lymph, help drain excess mucous, and naturally and gently detox the body.
- The down side: Just like everything else in life, too much and too vigorous exercise can be detrimental to your health. Exercising like a mad person (top ride, crossfit, running, cycling long distances etc.) seven days a week is not good. Off you go, go exercise to improve your health.
Source: Regionaleextra, Australia 2017